…Without Feeling Overwhelmed.
When you think about getting fit, eating healthy or how to find time to work out in your already over stressed day it’s easy to quickly feel overwhelmed.
This is when many people default to fad diets and quick fix promises. Having a perfect exercise and diet plan without applying the principles leaves you full of frustrated wishes. Having a perfect exercise and diet plan and following it for thirty days, two months or twelve weeks will work until it doesn’t. Then you’re left feeling more frustrated and probably a little heavier than when you started.
You might ask yourself; where do I start? How do I begin? What’s my first step?
You start and finish with your habits.
“First we form habits, then they form us!” Rob Gilbert, Australian chemist
The key to effectively managing your weight is repeating the right things in the right way to achieve the right results. The most effective approach to building the body you desire is to build healthy habits that will equip you with a system to grow above and beyond what you set out to achieve.
The conscious mind gets you started. However it’s the unconscious mind that makes you successful long term. Building healthy routine behaviors that are so natural you don’t need to give them much thought is how to transform your mind and body.
“Weight isn’t the problem it’s a symptom. Weight loss isn’t the solution it’s the outcome of having healthy habits.” MT
We all know fad diets and quick fix promises don’t lead to lasting results. It’s not about changing your whole life overnight. Small changes build big results when you consistently commit to practicing them. Habits are built one thought, decision, and action at a time.
Here is a checklist to help you make a new healthy habit:
- Decide on a goal that you would like to achieve for your health.
- Choose a simple action that will get you towards your goal, which you can do, on a daily basis.
- Plan when and where you will do your chosen action. Be consistent: choose a time and place that you encounter every day of the week.
- Every time you encounter that time and place, do the action.
- The more you do it, the easier it will be. Within 10 weeks you should find you are doing it automatically without even having to think about it.
- Congratulations, you’ve made a healthy habit!