What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally present in the human & animal body. It is found in the highest concentrations in fluids of the eyes and joints. In humans, the amount in the body is 50% less than optimal by age 40. This is why it is a key ingredient in Recovery Extra Strength. HA is safe as it is naturally occurring in the body and is especially beneficial as we age or if we are under a heavy work load / prone to injury.
Why add Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is well known for it’s immune benefits but did you know it is essential in the production of collagen (the main structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues)? It is widely used in purified form for cosmetic surgical treatments. Vitamin C is also a key ingredient in Recovery. We use the best available human grade ascorbic acid form.
Each serving of PURICA Equine HA contains:
HYALURONIC ACID 300 mg
- Natural lubricating compound for joint and skin health.
VITAMIN C 7000 mg
- Necessary nutrient for the development, maintenance and healing of connective tissue throughout the whole body.
Ingredients & Dosage
Medicinal ingredients (per 1 scoop / 11.3g / 1 tablespoon):
|Hyaluronic acid (Sodium hyaluronate)||300 mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||7 g|
1 scoop per day
Recommended use or purpose:
May support joint health and function.
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use ifseal is broken. Free of all artificial ingredients, preservatives, additives and common allergens. Not for use with animals intended for slaughter.
Some benefits of H.A. include:
- Cushioning joints and nerve tissue
- Stabilizing fluid breakdown within joints
A few recent studies on the benefits of oral administration of H.A. have been published on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website:
Other benefits of Vitamin C
- Essential for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body
- Needed for healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth
- Helps the body absorb iron from non heme sources
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that blocks some of the damage caused by free radical substances that damage DNA. The build up of free radicals over time may contribute to the aging process and the development of health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and arthritis.